Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

doctor appt update

Reply Post New Topic

• babyMarksMom babyMarksMom's Avatar 12-15-04 | 04:16 AM
  • we will now be seeing the doctor every week, with an u/s to check my baby girl's heart. at our appt, her heartrate was slower than it has been, and her heart is showing some enlargement..not good signs. I asked my doctor to tell me the truth. he said, time will tell, but that these recent developments are not good. so I got a bit upset and demanded an answer. I told him, I've been talking with other parents of ped cardiatric patients and want to know why he keeps saying, "we can fix this". he said he's not going to give up and will do everything he can, but that the odds are against us. so we talked about delivery..as I would have had a home birth and I doubt I will have time to make it to the hospital. the doctor is also concerned that I will not have enough time, but induction will put more stress on her heart, and her weight and condition will affect when she will be able to have surgery, so he hopes she will wait until 38wks at least. he also added he felt a c/sec would also put more stress on her than a natural delivery. more things to worry about.

• :domesticgoddess: :domesticgoddess:'s Avatar 12-15-04 | 05:35 AM

•  
    I'm so sorry to hear that things are becoming even more stressful.

I'm with the doctor - I think your baby will be strong and the surgery will make a huge difference in her health. Try your best to keep a positive attitude. I'm sending you a

and many

for peace and a happy outcome.
  • froglegs froglegs's Avatar 12-15-04 | 11:06 AM
  • I'm sorry Brenda to hear that you didn't get better news. Still

for your little girl.

• tammiane tammiane's Avatar 12-15-04 | 02:24 PM
  • Brenda...Im sorry you are going through such a stressful situation. My thoughts are with you and I am praying that everything will turn out just fine. Hugs.
  • Cracker_Jac Cracker_Jac's Avatar 12-15-04 | 06:06 PM
  • Brenda,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your baby girl. I

for her strength to carry both of you through.