Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Doula?

Reply Post New Topic

• :domesticgoddess: :domesticgoddess:'s Avatar 11-10-04 | 04:59 AM
  • Is anyone here planning on using a Doula? Where did you find her? How much does she charge?
  • babyMarksMom babyMarksMom's Avatar 11-12-04 | 03:28 AM
  • I plan on using a doula. she is a good friend. we barter services so I don't really know what her rates are

she is a member of the

. they have a listing of their members on that site. be sure to check out this article

• tarziesgirl tarziesgirl's Avatar 11-12-04 | 06:56 PM
  • I absolutely plan on using a doula! I needed one last time I gave birth and didn't have one and couldn't afford one. So, this time I'm planning way in advance and found someone who is very close and is going to charge $300 for a couple of prenatal visits, once labor starts being there continuously until birth, staying with us until I'm stable and comfortable, and at least one postpartum visit. The lady I chose also said she'll be getting in her hours for postpartum care certification and offered me free postpartum care. I found this especially attractive since I had PPD with first son. Overall, I feel it will be a great value for the money.

Now, how I found all of the doulas I interviewed/emailed was online. I was searching for doulas online and found a site called Doula Network. Here is a link:

From that page you click on the area you live in and it shows you all of the doula services listed in your area. That was the way I found the lady I plan on using, but the local midwife also has resources for doula connections here.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work