Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Pregnancy Message Boards > Pregnancy, Labor & Childbirth >
early u/s said 3 extra fluid sac's??

early u/s said 3 extra fluid sac's??

Reply Post New Topic

• goatlady74 11-11-09 | 11:36 AM
  • I just had a ultrasound at 5.5-6 weeks. After being very quite the nurse went 2 get the head nurse who came in and said they that I had" 3 extra fluid sac's." Everything was sooo small,I really couldn't tell what they we're looking at. I asked what that ment and with a smile she said "your so early we can't really tell yet" So she took a picture and went into the Dr's office. When she came back she said "Dr. said everything looks fine but we need 2 see you in 2 weeks for another u/s. " Any thought or anyone have this happen 2 them? Can you have fluid sac's that don't have a baby in them?
    It's going 2 be the longest 2 weeks of my life!!

Thanx for any replys
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 11-11-09 | 11:55 AM
  • This is the reason my doc won't do ultrasounds any earlier than 7 weeks. Before then, you're not guaranteed to see anything, so the fact that they saw a gestational sac(s) is encouraging.

You won't be able to "see" anything for another couple of weeks so hopefully you'll be seeing at least one beating heart by then.

• goatlady74 11-11-09 | 11:57 AM
  • I know but because I have only one tube and it has scaring. They did one 2 make sure it wasn't ectopic.
  • brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 11-11-09 | 12:09 PM
  • That totally makes sense to rule out ectopic... Hopefully you'll see little heartbeats next time!

• amitrat amitrat's Avatar 11-11-09 | 01:23 PM
  • I agreee with Brandi and Deanna - too early to tell - hopefully, you see a little heartbeat or more when you go in two weeks - keep us posted!