Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Pregnancy Message Boards > Pregnancy, Labor & Childbirth >
Feet swelling and feeling the baby move??

Feet swelling and feeling the baby move??

Reply Post New Topic

• two_for_jesus two_for_jesus's Avatar 05-06-08 | 01:47 PM
  • Hey guys! It has been forever since I've got to come on here!! I've missed it. I have a couple of questions I wanted to see if you all could help me with. I'm 17 weeks pregnant right now and I haven't felt the baby move yet. I was just wondering if I should have felt it by now or if it's normal. And then also, my feet are starting to swell. Not bad and not everyday, but like I had to do a lot of cooking Saturday night and was on my feet for a long time and they swelled. And then at church Sunday morning we were cleaning up after dinner and I was in high heeled sandals and they swelled up. My mom had toxemia really badly and she is afraid that I've got it. But if ya'll could help me I'd really appreciate it. Thanks again!!
  • hayley27 hayley27's Avatar 05-06-08 | 02:07 PM
  • Some people don't feel the baby move till 20 + weeks. With my DS I was like that. As far as you feet swelling, it sounds like you are on your feet to much. Try putting them up. I can tell when I'm up on my for long periods mine swell. Every time you go to the DR and you get to pee in that cup, one of the things they check for is protien no make sure you don't have Toxemia. Hope I helped a little.
  • two_for_jesus two_for_jesus's Avatar 05-06-08 | 02:25 PM
  • Thanks so much. I go to the Dr. Tuesday to find out the sex of the baby so I'll have to talk to him about it too. I'm also having a lot of heartburn and migraine headaches. So I'll have plenty to talk about when I go. I didn't know they checked for protein, thanks so much.
  • MrsS1stbaby MrsS1stbaby's Avatar 05-06-08 | 03:57 PM
  • I wasn't feeling the baby move at 17 weeks, so don't fret. I haven't had any of the feet swelling, so I can't help ya there. During my first tirmester, I got a lot of very faint, but all day long lasting headaches. They went away after the first tri was over and I took Tylenol if they got unbearable. My close friend had really bad heartburn during her first tri and that went away too. Sounds like you're pretty much right on track. Best wishes at your appointment and the baby cooperates so you see what it is! Congrats!
  • brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 05-06-08 | 04:41 PM
  • I didn't feel my baby move until about 21 weeks...

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work