Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Good Eats!

Reply Post New Topic

• Sheri Sheri's Avatar 09-20-04 | 09:38 AM
  • Are low fat or fat free foods acceptable during pregnancy? I'm overweight now and hoping to not gain a ridiculous amount this time -KWIM? A list of good/bad foods would be greatly appreciated (or a recommended website or book). Thanks.

• Oreo Oreo's Avatar 09-23-04 | 08:12 PM
  • I can't give you a list of approved foods, but I can tell you that foods with artifical sweeteners instead of the natural sugars or fat are a big no-no. So, basically lots of foods with aspertaime, sweet-n-low, and splenda are out. Good luck!
  • Sheri Sheri's Avatar 09-24-04 | 08:59 AM
  • Thanks very much Sarah. I wasn't sure about the artificial sweetners, and always stayed away from them anyway with past pgs, but now I know for sure.

• :domesticgoddess: :domesticgoddess:'s Avatar 09-26-04 | 09:11 PM
  • I am o/w too and with my last 3 pregnancies gained this much - 3 pounds with one, -1 with the next and 5 pounds with the next.

The key is to totally limit garbage foods that don't offer nutrition to the baby. Avoid candy, sweets, junk food and you CAN be pregnant without gaining a lot.

• Sheri Sheri's Avatar 09-26-04 | 09:43 PM
  • Tracy I would be in heaven if I could gain so little. I'm use to gaining 35, 40, 50 lbs. I do not want to do that this time. This will more than likely be my last baby and I need to get rid of the extra weight afterward!