Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Hello

Reply Post New Topic

• froglegs froglegs's Avatar 12-17-04 | 11:05 AM

•  
    I know it's very difficult after everything you've been through not to analyze every twinge. But truly every pregnancy is different. And if you ask 2 different people, one will tell that those twinges and cramps are implanation (GOOD!) and the other will tell you that her cramps led to miscarriage. Personally, my early pregnancies were very similar up until about 7 weeks. With the first, of course, the baby's growth started slowing and we lost him/her at 9 weeks. With this baby, the m/s and fatigue really started kicking in around 7 weeks and I felt much different. But honestly, the first 6-7 weeks were almost identical.

I agree with Brenda. As unbelievably impossible as it is, do your best to remind yourself that every pregnancy is different and this little bean has a great chance of being a happy healthy baby in about 8 more months! And of course, vent here as often as you can.
  • glinda glinda's Avatar 12-17-04 | 07:50 PM
  • Thanks again. Everything you say is rational but I'm not at the point yet to accept it. Just does not compute. My dr did another u/s just to prove the bubble was still there. To which I responded well it's probably dead. If he could have smacked me, I think he would have. I had more b/w done and waited on pins and needles til the nurse called. Since the few symptoms I had were basically gone, I truly believed that she was going to tell me the beta dropped and I was going to say told you so. I was not prepared to hear that the beta went from 205.5 to 447.9. I just burst into tears upon hearing that.

I'm going to try to remain sane over the weekend and not read into any twinge or lack thereof.

I am going to try to get in touch with a nurse at my IVF clinic tomorrow. While my beta has gone up, my progesterone and estradiol have dropped. Right now they are still within range but I'd like them to be higher.

Thanks again.
  • Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 12-17-04 | 08:28 PM
  • I know exactly how you are feeling. It is so hard to not have a gaurantee. You are afraid to become to excited or invested but can't help it. Don't feel bad about coming here and letting it all out. I am only a few weeks ahead of you and I am feeling the same nervousness, analyzing every twinge, checking a million times to see if my nipples still hurt and checking a million more for bleeding. Hopefully we will get through this together and have some beautiful babies come the end of summer.

• babyMarksMom babyMarksMom's Avatar 12-18-04 | 03:56 AM
  • great numbers! you will have lots of days where you doubt it will end with a healthy baby in your arms. come share with us and whatever else you have to do, DO. if we didn't have bad days, we wouldn't really appreciate the good ones.

Last edited by babyMarksMom; 12-18-04 at 03:57 AM.. Reason: to remove siggy..oops!
  • froglegs froglegs's Avatar 12-18-04 | 11:00 AM
  • Glinda, that's great news about the beta. These are all very very positive signs. Are you on progesterone suppositories? I used Crinone until 12 weeks and even though it's completely gross, I'm sure I wouldn't have maintained my pregnancy without it. My progesterone at 7DPO was only 8.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work