Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Pregnancy Message Boards > Pregnancy, Labor & Childbirth >
Help!!! Low HCG Levels after first IVF Cycle!

Help!!! Low HCG Levels after first IVF Cycle!

Reply Post New Topic

• calliemomma 03-16-05 | 01:17 PM
  • Hi - My name is Kimberly and I just finished my first round of IVF.
    I recieved my results yestereday and I am pregnant, however, t[size=2]he sad news is that my HCG levels are low and the doctor is being what he calls "cautiously optimistic" about my pregnancy. My number yesteray 11 days (post transfer) or CD 30 was at 26. They like to see a level at 50-100. So I am terrified and confused. The will retest me on Friday but if numbers do not go up to at least the 80 range the doctor believes I will miscarry.

He gave me a leass than 35% chance of carrying this baby to term. Please if anyone has experience I could really use as many stories or wisdom right now.

Thanks for listening. [/size]
  • babyMarksMom babyMarksMom's Avatar 03-17-05 | 04:06 AM

•  
    first..

and

to TBC! and congratulations on your pg!
    yeah, your numbers are low..and it's torture to have to wait the few days for another test to compare results. but low numbers may not mean the end is certain. personally I have never had a good outcome with low numbers, but I have met alot of women who had low numbers and went on to have healthy babies. do your best to stay positive and keep us posted

• :domesticgoddess: :domesticgoddess:'s Avatar 03-17-05 | 01:25 PM
  • I agree that low numbers are not always a bad thing. Many ladies here have had very low numbers and gone on to have healthy babies. It can be possible that your embryo implanted so late that the numbers appear "off" to the doc. The best sign is to see those numbers double about every 48-72 hours. If they aren't doubling, then usually there was something wrong and the baby was growing properly. Welcome to TBC and I sure hope that you have GOOD news.

• dianelynn77 dianelynn77's Avatar 06-23-05 | 02:34 PM
  • Hi Kimberly, I read your note and am just starting IVF now. My sister went threw it and has a 1.5 year old and is pregnant now with twins. I saw all she went threw and your note reminded me of her. With her first child her hcg was 32, and they were very optimistic, but luckily things worked out and now we have a beautiful niece. After having to be strong to go threw these cycles, keep being strong and healthy and good luck!

Quote de calliemomma
    Hi - My name is Kimberly and I just finished my first round of IVF.
    I recieved my results yestereday and I am pregnant, however, t[size=2]he sad news is that my HCG levels are low and the doctor is being what he calls "cautiously optimistic" about my pregnancy. My number yesteray 11 days (post transfer) or CD 30 was at 26. They like to see a level at 50-100. So I am terrified and confused. The will retest me on Friday but if numbers do not go up to at least the 80 range the doctor believes I will miscarry.

He gave me a leass than 35% chance of carrying this baby to term. Please if anyone has experience I could really use as many stories or wisdom right now.

Thanks for listening. [/size]

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work