Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Pregnancy Message Boards > Pregnancy, Labor & Childbirth >
High Risk Ob/Gyn Questions: Post here

High Risk Ob/Gyn Questions: Post here

Reply Post New Topic

• Forever Forever's Avatar 11-10-05 | 10:13 PM
  • I have an appt in early December with a High Risk Ob/Gyn, with whom will be my Dr. for the rest of my pregnancy. I will be 12 weeeks when I first see him. I was referred to him by my RE office( Reproductive Endocrinologist). What questions etc should I ask him etc. I am assuming my medical records and recent blood tests will all be transferred over to him before I have my appt. I have had the rubella etc check about 4 months ago, just prior to conceiving in September.
    I know there are some "tests" that should occur around the 11 to 14th week of pregnancy, so I am assuming I will be sent for those, or arranged to have them done.

What questions did you all have prepared for your 1st visit? What did the Dr. discuss with you, besides family history etc.... which has all been covered at my RE's office. This is my 1st pregnancy, and I am due in June.
  • babyMarksMom babyMarksMom's Avatar 11-11-05 | 02:01 AM
  • why did your doctor say you were high risk? ( that will help us know what questions you should ask )

I opted to not have the quad screen because of the high number of false positives, but to have a level 2 ultrasound to screen for any markers.

congratulations on your pregnancy!
    welcome to TBC and the High Risk Pregnancy board.

• Forever Forever's Avatar 11-11-05 | 11:12 AM
  • I have a Bicornate Uterus, if you don't know what that is... basically I have a septum that is dividing my uterus in 2. Which means I have an increase risk for m/c and perterm delivery, due to the lack of room.

Since I will be at 12 weeks when I see him. What "screening" tests will be on the list. I am 33 yrs old.
  • babyMarksMom babyMarksMom's Avatar 11-14-05 | 02:25 AM
  • your doctor will probably offer you all the standard screening tests. you can find them dicussed

in addition your doctor will probably monitor you with ultrasound.