Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Homebirth Board

Reply Post New Topic

• tarziesgirl tarziesgirl's Avatar 11-01-04 | 11:55 AM
  • I have just recently decided to have a homebirth and started looking to see if there was a homebirth board here at TBC. I couldn't find one. I think that there should be a place here to talk about if not promote homebirth for low risk ladies. It has many benefits and I think we should all have the option to have a homebirth if we want.

So, has anyone here had a homebirth/s and like to share their experience? I know I'd love to hear about them, good, bad or otherwise. I just want to try to be prepared for my own birth as much as possible. Even sharing tips on what made things easier for you or where you picked up supplies for the birth, etc.
  • belle81 belle81's Avatar 11-01-04 | 02:17 PM
  • Sounds like a good idea to me. I had a natural birth in the hospital and I loved it. I've decided to have a waterbirth for #2 when the time comes. If you're looking for supplies I'm not sure what you want. I think Tracy(domesticgoddess) has had a few homebirths. Maybe she could give you more info about it.

You might want to post this at the suggest a board forum.

• :domesticgoddess: :domesticgoddess:'s Avatar 11-02-04 | 02:13 PM
  • I have lots of stories and ideas. I have presented your great idea to the Admin team and if we get our own board, I will post them there. If not, I will post them here.

• tarziesgirl tarziesgirl's Avatar 11-02-04 | 02:41 PM
  • That sounds great! I still have time before my birth and hope that other homebirthers will come and share their stories. I hope to be able to have my very own sometime around Easter next year. How exciting! I really think that having some support for homebirth is helpful. I never would have thought of it or considered it if I hadn't seen a homebirth on one of the baby shows on TV. My sister even went as far as say that I could never have a homebirth. So, I'm really hoping it goes off without a hitch. Thanks a lot Tracy!
  • AmyW AmyW's Avatar 11-03-04 | 09:21 AM
  • That is a great idea!