Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Pregnancy Message Boards > Pregnancy, Labor & Childbirth >
How similar are preg symptoms and pms?

How similar are preg symptoms and pms?

Reply Post New Topic

• Annabelle 12-08-04 | 02:41 PM
  • Ive been trying for 2 months now. My period is due on Dec. 13. My breasts seem to be more sore than the usual pms, Im exhausted all the time. I never noticed it before but ever since I read that some preg women get a metallic taste in there mouths, Ive had a metallic taste in my mouth (power of suggestion maybe?). But 2 days ago I began cramping, just like I do with pms, I mean its exactically the same. Do the cramps in early pregnancy feel the same as pms like Ive heared? Its too soon for me to test, but I plan to on the 13th. Im just on a rollercoaster of emotions right now. One minute I think Im preg. then 5 mins later Ill get cramps and think Im not. Just looking for another opinion. Thanks.
  • belle81 belle81's Avatar 12-10-04 | 03:16 AM
  • My early pg cramps felt exactly like AF cramps. I didn't get the metallic taste in my mouth till much later (about 35 weeks) The first thing I noticed was a enhanced sense of smell. I could smell everything very well.
  • Bethann73 Bethann73's Avatar 12-10-04 | 09:24 AM
  • I had sore bbs, cramps just like AF and exhaustion before I tested ++.

Good Luck!!

• Patience Patience's Avatar 12-13-04 | 04:12 PM
  • My biggest sign is always exhaustion. I am more tired than I ever have been and feel like I could sleep all day.

Good luck to you!!!
  • jbelle jbelle's Avatar 07-19-05 | 10:21 AM
  • I had symptoms that were simiar as getting my period, except more intense....the breasts, the cramping (in a different way than when I get my period), exhaustion....

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work