Baby Corner

Old 10-27-07, 05:54 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.83%
Default i need advice

ok im 15 and 12 weeks pregnant i just had a scare on wednesday i started bleeding really really really bad and it was bright red but no clots i went into the hospital and they said the baby was fine...well now i have a brown discharge is that normal and another thing how long should i wait until i have sex again?

Old 10-27-07, 06:13 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 100.83%

umm... brown is usually a sign for "old blood", so it's probably nothing to worry about....

Old 10-27-07, 08:23 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 5%

Hello, Baby Girl.
I'd say call your doctor and have a long talk with him or her about everything that is going on for you. You are very young and really need lots of guidance with this as your bleeding, etc... sounds much more unhealthy than normal. You'll want your doc to keep an eye on you. Till then, I'd say no more sex.
Good Luck.

Old 10-27-07, 09:29 PM
Kids... 24/7

Thanked 265 Times
Weekly Activity 0.83%

Brown blood is typically "old" blood... but bleeding during pregnancy is never something to ignore. Call your OB as soon as possible and make sure s/he listens to you and your concerns. It would be wise to take someone with you to appts... it doesn't have to be your mom... just someone with a little more experience!!
Good luck & have a healthy pregnancy!

Old 10-30-07, 08:39 AM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 3586.25%

Do you have an OB? Have you been getting regular prenatal care? If not, this is VITAL for your baby's and your health.

I'm with Heidi. Take a trusted friend or relative with you to appointments. It always helps to have an extra set of ears when getting medical care.

Keep taking your prenatal vitamins and phone your OB right away if you are bleeding.

I'm NOT a medical expert, but I would think that having sex again shouldn't be on your radar for the time being with recent bleeding. No orgasm is worth putting your baby's life at risk. That's just my opinion and remember that I'm not a doctor.

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools