Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

i need advice

Reply Post New Topic

• baby_girl_native 10-27-07 | 05:54 PM
  • ok im 15 and 12 weeks pregnant i just had a scare on wednesday i started bleeding really really really bad and it was bright red but no clots i went into the hospital and they said the baby was fine...well now i have a brown discharge is that normal and another thing how long should i wait until i have sex again?
  • brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 10-27-07 | 06:13 PM
  • umm... brown is usually a sign for "old blood", so it's probably nothing to worry about....
  • Oreo Oreo's Avatar 10-27-07 | 08:23 PM
  • Hello, Baby Girl.
    I'd say call your doctor and have a long talk with him or her about everything that is going on for you. You are very young and really need lots of guidance with this as your bleeding, etc... sounds much more unhealthy than normal. You'll want your doc to keep an eye on you. Till then, I'd say no more sex.
    Good Luck.
  • Heidi1361 Heidi1361's Avatar 10-27-07 | 09:29 PM
  • Brown blood is typically "old" blood... but bleeding during pregnancy is never something to ignore. Call your OB as soon as possible and make sure s/he listens to you and your concerns. It would be wise to take someone with you to appts... it doesn't have to be your mom... just someone with a little more experience!!
    Good luck & have a healthy pregnancy!
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 10-30-07 | 08:39 AM
  • Do you have an OB? Have you been getting regular prenatal care? If not, this is VITAL for your baby's and your health.

I'm with Heidi. Take a trusted friend or relative with you to appointments. It always helps to have an extra set of ears when getting medical care.

Keep taking your prenatal vitamins and phone your OB right away if you are bleeding.

I'm NOT a medical expert, but I would think that having sex again shouldn't be on your radar for the time being with recent bleeding. No orgasm is worth putting your baby's life at risk. That's just my opinion and remember that I'm not a doctor.