Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Pregnancy Message Boards > Pregnancy, Labor & Childbirth >
If you spotted but still had a successful pg.

If you spotted but still had a successful pg.

Reply Post New Topic

• Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 12-14-04 | 09:49 PM
  • I have some questions...
    1. How far along were you when you started spotting and how long did you spot?
    2. How much did you spotting (quantity)?
    3. What color?

I am 6weeks today, I started spotting yesterday. It was only in the morning and it was only a tiny bit on the tp. I went to the doc and if you read my other post you know what happened. I didn't spot the rest of the day and was feeling pretty good about things. I got up this morning and had spotting again. This time there was more about the size of your pinky on the tp and darker in color. Again it tapered off to just a slight tint of my cm for the rest of the day. I went to work and was on my feet most of the day and nothing more. I have an u/s tomorrow and hopefully will get to see a heartbeat. I am trying to stay positive but I am scared to death.

Last edited by Valleygirl; 12-14-04 at 09:53 PM..
  • Cracker_Jac Cracker_Jac's Avatar 12-14-04 | 11:29 PM
  • Hi Melanie,
    It sounds as if you are having a very difficult time resting and staying positive right now.

The first tri-mester seems the most difficult between appointments.

As fas as the bleeding goes.

I actually spotted twice while pregnant with Marco.

The first that I spotted was around 6-8 weeks (I would really need to check back on my records). I do remember the color being dark brown, which a lot of doctors would call old blood. My doctor assumed that this was implantation as the cause. Sometimes the placenta can rub against the cervix if it is too low.

The second time that I spotted during my pregnancy with Marco was quite horrifying. I was in my 12th week, and I was spotting quite heavily. It was light to dark pink in color, but did not fill up a pad. I went to my doctor the day after the spotting occured, mind you I was still bleeding. My doctor had an u/s done and the found a pocket of blood between my uterus and placenta, just above my cervix. I was told that I would bleed off/on until the pocket cleared. I bled for 3 weeks (lightly), and it drove me insane with fear.

6 months later, I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy.

I am praying that you will have great news with your u/s. Please try to stay focus and strong. Try to get as much rest as you can.

Is it just a little blood? spotting? dime size or more?

If you need anything, please feel free to write or call me. I have been there, and I know the fear that you are going through.

Last edited by Cracker_Jac; 12-14-04 at 11:35 PM..
  • Sheri Sheri's Avatar 12-15-04 | 11:03 AM
  • I have spotted/bled with 3 of my pgs. With the first it was a one-time thing at about 12 weeks, nothing before or after that. There was blood on the TP. I gave birth to a healthy baby girl (8lbs. 7oz.).

With #2 I started spotting the day Af was due and never really stopped until several weeks later. I had beige-tinted cm all day, every day. I gave birth to a healthy baby boy (9lbs. 4oz.)

And with #3 I thought I was in the clear (at 6 weeks or so) until I went shopping one day and actually felt something running out of me. When I went to the bathroom there was blood-bright red and lots of small clots. It lasted about 24 hours, stopped completely and never returned. An u/s revealed that the sac had come away from the wall of the uterus which caused the bleeding. Another healthy baby girl-9 lbs. 8oz.!!

Hope this helps. I know what you're going through.

• MImom23 MImom23's Avatar 12-15-04 | 11:54 AM
  • I spotted with my DS at about 4 weeks (it was right after we found out i was pg) we went to ER and they didn't see anything on u/s so i made a DR appt and they never did find a reason for the spotting.

this PG i was spotting at 6 weeks (i think) same as you are a little bit here and there on;y on the tp and it was dark blood, we went shopping and there was more and we were in by the hospital so we went into ER they did a beta and a pelvic and the DR didn't see any reason for bleeding, my #s did what they were suposed to do, i went nuts til my 1st appt at 10 weeks(last wed) when i had u/s and saw my babys heart beating on the monitor and that everyting is progressing the way it should be.

Good luck!! try and relax

jenny
  • tryinfr3rd tryinfr3rd's Avatar 12-15-04 | 06:07 PM
  • *lurking* I spotted with my 2nd pregnancy at about 8 or 9 weeks, it was mostly brown and lasted I think a day or two and was very light....my third pregnancy was the one that scared me the worse, I had bleeding like you at about 6 weeks which was mostly brown with a bit of red it lasted only for a day or so, but then I started spotting really heavily at 9 weeks and even had some blood clots come out (sorry I know that is TMI) I was convinced I was miscarrying as I was having cramps as well....but it stopped after about 2 days and I had a healthy baby girl 7 months later, so I know its hard but try to stay positive, bleeding in early pregnancy is VERY common!