Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

medicaide and Homebirth

Reply Post New Topic

• Jenn22 Jenn22's Avatar 12-01-04 | 09:43 AM
  • I have seriously been leaning towards a Homebirth if Dh and I decided to have a 3rd. But I don't know if Medicaide will pay for it.. See there is no way that we could afford to pay for it. We don't have health insuarce because DH is self-employed. So, does anyone know for sure or not ?
  • belle81 belle81's Avatar 12-01-04 | 02:42 PM
  • I'll check.

• belle81 belle81's Avatar 12-01-04 | 03:11 PM
  • I found a lot of conflicting information. I think they have to cover prenatal treatment, but the actual birth depends on the state that you live in.
  • :domesticgoddess: :domesticgoddess:'s Avatar 12-01-04 | 05:45 PM
  • In Washington I know it's covered completely. I have noticed my Midwife making copies of the Medicaid slips as ladies come in before.

I think it's wonderful that it is!!

• tarziesgirl tarziesgirl's Avatar 12-18-04 | 02:03 AM
  • I am on Medicaid and my midwife accepts it and she is a homebirthing midwife. It should be covered. Its just about the same expense as a regular hospital birth, if not cheaper so why not. I would check around to find a homebirthing midwife in the area and ask. That would be the only real way to find out. Just don't give up on it. I went to a site to do a search for doulas in my area and one of them lead me to find the homebirthing midwife who accepts Medicaid. You could try that way too. Here is a link: