Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Pregnancy Message Boards > Pregnancy, Labor & Childbirth >
My 8 month old won't eat baby food, is this all right ?

My 8 month old won't eat baby food, is this all right ?

Reply Post New Topic

• savannah4 01-17-08 | 02:47 AM
  • [B]My 8 month old daughter will no longer eat any baby food, stage 2 or 3. She also won't eat infant cereal or formula. The only thing she will take is fruit juice, cheerios ,pudding, yogurt, cottage cheese and breast milk. She hates bottles, so I have been giving her drinks in sippy cups. But, I just don't know if she's getting enough nutrition.She also likes sweet stuff like ice cream and any of the other soft desserts that her grandma sneaks to her. I just don't want her to get a sweet tooth this early. Can anyone give me any suggestion.

Last edited by savannah4; 01-17-08 at 01:04 PM..
  • Sheri Sheri's Avatar 01-17-08 | 10:58 AM

•  
    Hi- welcome to TBC!!!

My children were on complete table foods by the time they were 9 or 10 months.

I would probably keep offering fruits and vegies along with foods that she already likes. I think it's important that she's exposed to a variety of foods as she is growing rapidly at this age. Does she like to feed herself? If so, then try offering soft foods like bananas, soft cooked carrots, noodles, etc., that she can feed herself- and foods that will melt in her mouth are also good choices, we don't want her to choke!
    here's an article that might help-

Maybe some of the other ladies can offer better advice.