Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Placenta Previa

Reply Post New Topic

• MrsF MrsF's Avatar 09-15-04 | 03:56 PM
  • I had my 20 week u/s yesterday and was diagnosed with a complete placenta previa.

Has anyone else been diagnosed with this? How did it impact your pregnancy and your baby?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• erinjj erinjj's Avatar 09-15-04 | 04:05 PM
  • :bighugs: Heather/legend has pp on the Due in November Board. Unfortunately she's in the hospital on bedrest so prolly won't be here to answer your questions Kris. I had a friend that also had it though, and the placenta moved in time for her to have a vaginal birth just fine.
  • MrsF MrsF's Avatar 09-21-04 | 02:39 PM

•  
    Thanks, Erin!

• skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 09-21-04 | 11:07 PM
  • I had a pretty complete placenta previa at 20 weeks and it moved out of the way just barely in time.
    I never had any bleeding because of it and never had to go on bedrest (but I was on pelvic rest which means.... no hanky panky basically)

The perinatologist told me when I went in at around 34 weeks that she didn't want to see people come in before 36 weeks to be rechecked because it doesn't move until the end anyway ( I guess it moves rapidly when you're rapidly popping out at the end of the pg) .

My placenta had problems moving up, though, becasue it was being inhibited by a c-section scar from my previous pregnancy.

I hope it moves up on it's own for you.

• babyMarksMom babyMarksMom's Avatar 09-26-04 | 03:32 AM
  • I have not been diagnosed with this, but your doctor should give you an explanation of what you might expect. sometimes, it does correct itself. your doctor should tell you things to watch for, as well as monitor you closely towards the end of your pg. if it does not correct itself, a c-section will be necessary.