Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

questions....

Reply Post New Topic

• bjlmom bjlmom's Avatar 10-01-05 | 01:08 PM
  • Ok I got a few questions for you ladies...just found out I am expecting #3. Barely made it to the hospital with #2 so I was wondering what tips you ladies would have for just in case. I want to be prepared and my hubby's idea for buying a catchers mitt are not exactly what I am wanting.

• donann donann's Avatar 10-01-05 | 01:24 PM
  • LOL on the catchers mitt comment. I am in the same boat when I finally get pg again so would love to see the responses that you get.

CONGRATS on the new pg too!!!!
  • :domesticgoddess: :domesticgoddess:'s Avatar 10-01-05 | 02:59 PM
  • WOW - nice and quick, huh? I would suggest having a stack of newspaper. Newspaper is actually one of the cleanest things to put under you as you birth. The newsprint is anti-microbial and it works well! Have a good stack handy! Also have a stack of clean towels handy at all times. If you get into a situation where you have to birth at home, have someone pop the towels in the dryer to keep them warm for immediately after birth. The baby will appreciate the warmth immensely!

Other than that, I think you would be fine. Shoelaces for the cord aren't really necessary as you can and should leave the cord in tact. Don't try to pull on it - just leave all of that alone. It will take care of itself.

Boiling water of course is meaningless and unnecessary - just something from the movies.

Stay down on your left side or propped slightly on your back. Don't lie flat on your back and don't ever try to hold the baby in. You never know - my first son was born in 3 hours and the doc was concerned that the next would be FAST. My 2nd son took over 8 hours, so you just never know! Congratulations on the baby!!!!

• bjlmom bjlmom's Avatar 10-01-05 | 03:26 PM
  • well part ofi it being so quick was because i went in earlier that day and they sent me home....so i tried to hold off as long as i could because i didn't want to be sent back home

But considering both my labors (backlabor and start of contractions to birth) were 12 hours or less....think i need to just be semi prepared.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work