Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Pregnancy Message Boards > Pregnancy, Labor & Childbirth >
Reasons you chose to homebirth

Reasons you chose to homebirth

Reply Post New Topic

• belle81 belle81's Avatar 09-27-05 | 03:12 PM
  • Why did you choose a homebirth over one in the hospital?
  • :domesticgoddess: :domesticgoddess:'s Avatar 09-28-05 | 02:15 PM
  • I didn't want to be forced to labor lying down. It slows everything down and contributes highly to c-sections. I also didn't want insensitive blokes coming in at all hours of the day and night to take my blood pressure when everything is stable and fine. I also didn't want the assembly line birth process with some half interested doc waiting like a catcher between my legs. The most important reason though would be that I want to snuggle with my baby and dh immediately after birth in the calm and quiet of my own bed and bedroom. There's nothing better!!!!!

• belle81 belle81's Avatar 09-28-05 | 08:41 PM
  • I would like to birth without being pestered to have interventions that I don't need. I didn't really have that bad a hospital experience but it could have been better. My nurses were angels and respected my wishes but the OB that was on call was not so accomodating. She yanked on the placenta before it was ready to come out and caused more bleeding than I would have had otherwise.

And also the snuggling with the baby in my own bed afterward sound heavenly.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work