Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

RH- PG and spotting ?'s

Reply Post New Topic

• MImom23 MImom23's Avatar 11-12-04 | 12:08 PM
  • OK here is a little background I had a M/C in 97 but then had 2 healthy pg after that but i did spot with my DS. but don't remember if i got Rhogam then. i have had Rhogam during both full term pg. now on to my problem i am 6 weeks PG and started spotting yesterday at first it was (TMI ALERT) red but it stoped while i was sleeping last night but now it is very little and dark brown. i see it more when i wipe then on the pad but the nurse i talked to at the DR office said there is nothing they would do so to wait it out and see what happens, she called back when i was online and left a message that she had done some more research and i could call her back she would be there til 430 well it was 6 when i got the message so i guess i will stop rambeling and ask my ?'s shoud i be getting the Rhogam shot now? it dosn't seem like the DR office knows a lot about a pg woman being RH- i think after i get all the BS straight i am gong to have them transfer me to the OB GYN

thanks
  • Bethann73 Bethann73's Avatar 11-12-04 | 12:20 PM

•  
    I'm not very familiar with the RH factor. But I think you should see an OB/GYN soon anyway. Is there a way for you to get in anytime soon??
  • MImom23 MImom23's Avatar 11-12-04 | 12:29 PM
  • no but if the spotting keeps up i think we are going to head in to the ER, I have to have 2 visit with the nurse 1 this coming tuesday(16) and 1 the following tuesday(23) and then i get to see the DR(23) and get a referal to the OB. i just want to know there is a Heartbeat at this point to ease my mind. and i don't know what the nurse might do on tuesday when i see her.
  • Bethann73 Bethann73's Avatar 11-12-04 | 12:41 PM
  • Wow.. I don't know if I could handle not seeing my Dr. right away. I would agree that if the spotting keeps up head to the ER.. then at least you'll get a u/s and checked over.

• NicholeMatthew NicholeMatthew's Avatar 11-12-04 | 02:36 PM
  • From my expierence... ANY bleeding than you should get the Rhogam shot. (according to my dr- ESPECIALLY if they can't figure out where it is comming from) When I was pg with Kevin I had to have surgery and my dr gave me Rhogam IN CASE I miscarried, or started bleeding (as it was taking out an ovary and tube)