Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

RH- PG and spotting ?'s

Reply Post New Topic

• MImom23 MImom23's Avatar 11-12-04 | 12:08 PM
  • OK here is a little background I had a M/C in 97 but then had 2 healthy pg after that but i did spot with my DS. but don't remember if i got Rhogam then. i have had Rhogam during both full term pg. now on to my problem i am 6 weeks PG and started spotting yesterday at first it was (TMI ALERT) red but it stoped while i was sleeping last night but now it is very little and dark brown. i see it more when i wipe then on the pad but the nurse i talked to at the DR office said there is nothing they would do so to wait it out and see what happens, she called back when i was online and left a message that she had done some more research and i could call her back she would be there til 430 well it was 6 when i got the message so i guess i will stop rambeling and ask my ?'s shoud i be getting the Rhogam shot now? it dosn't seem like the DR office knows a lot about a pg woman being RH- i think after i get all the BS straight i am gong to have them transfer me to the OB GYN

thanks
  • Bethann73 Bethann73's Avatar 11-12-04 | 12:20 PM

•  
    I'm not very familiar with the RH factor. But I think you should see an OB/GYN soon anyway. Is there a way for you to get in anytime soon??
  • MImom23 MImom23's Avatar 11-12-04 | 12:29 PM
  • no but if the spotting keeps up i think we are going to head in to the ER, I have to have 2 visit with the nurse 1 this coming tuesday(16) and 1 the following tuesday(23) and then i get to see the DR(23) and get a referal to the OB. i just want to know there is a Heartbeat at this point to ease my mind. and i don't know what the nurse might do on tuesday when i see her.
  • Bethann73 Bethann73's Avatar 11-12-04 | 12:41 PM
  • Wow.. I don't know if I could handle not seeing my Dr. right away. I would agree that if the spotting keeps up head to the ER.. then at least you'll get a u/s and checked over.

• NicholeMatthew NicholeMatthew's Avatar 11-12-04 | 02:36 PM
  • From my expierence... ANY bleeding than you should get the Rhogam shot. (according to my dr- ESPECIALLY if they can't figure out where it is comming from) When I was pg with Kevin I had to have surgery and my dr gave me Rhogam IN CASE I miscarried, or started bleeding (as it was taking out an ovary and tube)

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work