Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Pregnancy Message Boards > Pregnancy, Labor & Childbirth >
Should I consult with a High risk OB?

Should I consult with a High risk OB?

Reply Post New Topic

• becky2 becky2's Avatar 03-03-05 | 04:21 PM
  • I was recently diagnosed with Cholestasis of Pregnancy or Obstetric Cholestasis. Does anyone else have this? I am just wondering what your doctor is doing for you. I am at 31 weeks this week and am now being checked once a week. The Dr. plans to do an amnio at 37 weeks to cheek lung development of the baby. I will probably push for 36 weeks as I thought they want you delivered by 37 weeks to help prevent stillbirth? I am also on heparin for blood clotting issues but my Dr. has not put me on vit. K supplements because he feels I don't need them. I thought this was something that I needed to prevent hemeraging in me and baby. Has yours??? Anyway, I guess I am just second gussing my small town doctor and wonder if I should be going to #### and checking with a specilist to see if they would do anything differently or if all is well and I am just overreacting.?
    Any info would be great!
    Thanks, Becky
  • babyMarksMom babyMarksMom's Avatar 03-06-05 | 04:29 AM
  • I would consult with a high risk ob or perinatalogist. I don't think it hurts to make sure that your doctor knows all the angles. this is a serious condition for both you and your baby, but with proper treatment, you'll have a great outcome. this website offers information and support from moms who have been there

wishing you all the best!
  • mom2nj 03-06-05 | 08:44 AM
  • I agree, I think it never hurts in such a situation.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work