Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

stress over load!!!

Reply Post New Topic

• dianelynn77 dianelynn77's Avatar 03-01-06 | 10:08 AM
  • ok girls i totally need to vent. my dh has to have an MRI on Friday to see if he has a tumor, blood clot or aneurism possible in his head. It all started about 2 weeks ago when, maybe TMI, he got severe headaches right before orgasm. It has happened every time since then, and to the point he cries in pain holding his head. I am the wimp in the family, not him, so I knew it was bad. He went to doctor on Monday, and they told him to come in Friday for MRI. Its really hard and stressful thinking whay could happen. I am trying to think positively, but my mind keeps thinking what if? It is really upsetting him a lot too, and he tried to leave stuff out that the doc said because he does not want me stressed right now. I have alot on my plate, my dad is going into a deep depression and refusing medical treatment, and we are trying to get him to see someone. So my dh is tryong to spare me any stress. I am trying to be strong for him, I have never seen him so scared, but I am not sleeping, and totally get my panic attacks back that I have not had my whole pregnancy. Sorry for venting, but I have to tell someone, and he does not wnat me teeling family members because he is embarrassed about the whole thing happening before orgasm. I have told one sister, and just said it was bad migraines, but this way I can tell you guys since he does not know any of you. Thanks for listening to me vent, I had to get it out!
    Diane
  • JagsAli JagsAli's Avatar 03-01-06 | 11:53 AM
  • Gsshhh Diane-
    Sorry to hear about all the stress. Your poor dh....at least they will be able to let you know something by Friday right? He must be in alot of pain, my dh had a couple of tension headaches and man he just wanted to sleep, but he never went to the Dr. Keep us posted on his progress and dx. I will be thinking and praying for you both. Sorry to hear about your Dad too...does he live w/ you? Unfortunately stress is going to happen in pregnancy, I have found that out...I know it is hard, but just think positive and vent, that is the best I can tell, cuz I have had my share of melt downs. With all the extra hormones you have and all, it is just easy for you to stress, but sounds like you dh is trying to protect you. I am sure all is fine...I know it is hard on you to think of the what if's but like someone else told me no need to stress until there is something to stress about. Just try to take it easy, look after each other and you will get thru this. What did your sister say? I am truly sorry that you have so much to go thru it always seems like everything happens all at once, hang in there and let us know.
    Allison
  • bonnie bonnie's Avatar 03-01-06 | 02:39 PM
  • Diane, You ARE on stress overload...I'm sorry that you, your DH and your Dad are having such a hard time of it. Hopefully with DH you'll find out that this is a treatable and relatively minor problem...I'll keep him in my prayers. As for your Dad, it is really hard to make someone get treatment. Depression is one of the worst to treat, because one of the signs of depression is not wanting to do much, which includes going to the doctor or counselor....does he live with you? If so all you can do is be encourageing and supportive. If you can get him out of the house that helps too...Best of Luck!!!
  • dianelynn77 dianelynn77's Avatar 03-01-06 | 03:17 PM
  • hi bonnie and allison, thanks for listening to me babble. my dad does not live with me. its my evil FIL that lives with us. My sister is gonna go to dads house thursday and have an intervention with him. he seems to tell her a lot more than anyone else. hopefully we can just get him to a doc, then he can start medication. its just seems weird to me to be miserable and not do anything about it. he has had episodes like this in past, and knows he can be treated, but he is a very stubborn man. as far a s michael goes, we have to take it day by day, i of course have been doing a lot of research on computer, and the good thing is he has no other syptoms of an aneurism or tumor. so i am gonna try to stay positive, plus his appointment is Friday morning at 245 in the morning, so i am sure if they find anything of concern we will know during the day Friday. lets keep fingers crossed!
    diane
  • tichatte tichatte's Avatar 03-01-06 | 11:02 PM
  • Praying that everything turns out alright on Friday, andyou two are able to continue enjoying your pregnancy. Feel free to vent, we will be here for you.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work