Baby Corner

Old 11-01-05, 01:28 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.83%
Question Ultrasound

Have you had an ultrasound with this pregnancy? Does your doctor or midwife use it as a frequent tool during pg or only at the beginning?

Old 11-10-05, 02:34 PM
CL & Mommy of 2 girls!

Thanked 132 Times
Weekly Activity 0.83%

I had one at 20 weeks and one at 28 weeks. My OB only does those two unless there are complications or he'll do an early one if there's a question about when you became pregnant. I had 3 with Susan: one at 12 weeks, one at 20, and one at 28.

Old 11-14-05, 03:39 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.83%

i've had 4 (twice because of bleeding and passed some tissue) all is ok. Next appt is for Friday. So anxious/nervouse to see the baby and hear the heartbeat again (heard it when I went to my check-up and found out I was pg, i was 6wks exactly)

Last edited by jc6981nyc; 11-14-05 at 03:42 PM.

Old 11-15-05, 08:43 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 0.83%

I had scans at 6 and 8 wks as per the standard at my fertility clinic (IVF/ICSI baby) to check how many of my two embies had implanted and that all was progressing smoothly. I had another at 11.5 wks to check on baby as I'd had some spotting. Then the standard 20wk anomally scan. They were concerned for my growth as I looked small so I had further scans at 31 and 38wks to check all was ok - and it was

They only scanned when they felt there was reason to scan, they did play it very safe with me throughout so I had more than most would in my area of the Uk - standard lvl of scanning here would be 12wks approx if unsure of dates / considered to be an older mum and then again at 20wks.

Old 11-15-05, 09:59 AM
Community Member

Thanked 14 Times
Weekly Activity 0.83%

With my first pg I had 4 one at 9wks, one at 20 wks, one at 32 wks to find out the sex cause my kids are non cooperative, and then one at 37 weeks to make sure I had enough amniotic fluid cause I had hb. Then with Harlee I had to many to count! I had one at 6 weeks cause I was spotting, one at 9 wks, one at 13 wks cause the dr screwed up but wanted to see my baby, LOL , one at 21 weeks, then from 28 wks I had one at least once a week until 37 weeks cause I was high risk because I developed preeclamsia again! So I had lots of them but for good reasons. My drs norm was one at 9 weeks to be sure of the dates, one at 20 wks or so to check the baby, and one at 32 wks to check the sex of the baby.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools