Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Pregnancy Message Boards > Pregnancy, Labor & Childbirth >
Watching your weight through the Holidays

Watching your weight through the Holidays

Reply Post New Topic

• :domesticgoddess: :domesticgoddess:'s Avatar 10-31-04 | 01:03 PM
  • Staying in control of your pregnancy weight gain through the Holidays can be tough. Does anyone have any strategies for not gaining too much?

I always ate lots of fresh veggies and avoided the sugary treats at parties. The veggies feed your baby and give you bulk which keeps you full!

Also drink plenty of water - it makes you feel full too.

• Patience Patience's Avatar 10-31-04 | 01:47 PM
  • Ditto on the water. My docs are HUGE on me drinking lots of water. They say if you want a piece of chocolate, have one piece and then 2 glasses of water to make you feel like you ate a couple bars instead of one piece. They are kind of silly but thoughtful.

I am trying it. Glug glug glug.
  • Oreo Oreo's Avatar 10-31-04 | 03:29 PM
  • I wasn't very good about it last pregnancy, but am hoping this time to be better. My plan is to eat the meal (meat, veggie, potaotes, etc...) and avoid the grazing. Hopefully, I will be too full since the stomach will be so squished to get dessert. When all else fails, I'll go for cheese, fruit or veggie trays --- with a hint of dessert and milk. After all, it is the holidays!

• frogger773 frogger773's Avatar 11-22-04 | 01:16 PM
  • We had an early Thanksgiving meal this weekend with my family!! I think I over did it, but of course my belly is so big, my stomach won't let me eat too much.

My main problem was passing up the sweets, which I did eat some.