Baby Corner Logo
Baby Corner Message Board »  »    Pregnancy, Labor & Childbirth »  

Just found out Print Version

Kit25 08-07-11 10:50 PM

Just found out

Hello
Just found out tonight that I am pregnant. I have a son who will be 10 next month. I am super excited (and hoping for a girl) but will love it if its not and scared at the same time. My last one was c-section two weeks late and breach. I think once you have a c-section you have to continue to do so with any other babies you have don't you? Am not sure how far along I am. I work in the hospitality industry so on the plus side i will be pregnant all winter which is the slow season for me and have the baby in springish before the busy season starts. Guess i should start looking into a dr to go to. They say the sooner the better. i do have prenatal pills i need to start taking. and severely have to alter my eating habits.

rudolphia 08-08-11 01:01 AM

Congratulations! I think C-section repeats depend on your first C-section, your state and your doctor. Some states will not allow you to try a vaginal birth after having a C-section, and some doctors prefer not to. Depending on the type of incision you had and the type of complications that caused you to need a C-section, you may or may not be allowed to try a vaginal birth.

Most people who've already been through a C-section choose to have another one, just because they know what's involved in recovery, and they can plan the date.

hayley27 08-08-11 10:01 AM

Rudi is right. A friend of mine had a VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section) here in GA. It really depends on your body & DR.

Jay22 10-08-11 06:57 PM

CONGRATS!
I am due june 1st 2012!

MrsS1stbaby 10-09-11 10:43 PM

Congrats! Yes, I agree- you would need to speak to your doctor about it. I am in FL and my doctors would allow it depending on the reasons for your previous c-section & current pregnancy (such complications that did not occur in the 1st pregnancy).