Baby Corner

Old 03-01-18, 11:14 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20.83%
Default Weight gain during pregnancy

This is my first pregnancy. I started off at 134 and I’m 22 weeks now and I weigh 156. My doctor told me I should only gain ten more pounds by the end of my pregnancy and suggested I get a calorie counter and watch my carbs. Leaving the doctor today she made me feel like I was doing something wrong and that I’m not being healthy. I have a pretty active lifestyle and am walking constantly. I don’t engorge myself with food and I eat pretty healthy. Basically the only thing I want right now are vegetables and chicken. I cried the entire way home, I know being pregnant makes you a little emotional but I took it kind of hard. I don’t feel unhealthy and I just started having to wear pregnant pants, I’m still the same size and everything. My boobs are ginormous that’s about it. I want to have a healthy pregnancy and have a healthy baby. Should I watch my weight and only try to gain ten pounds? I didn’t think i would have to think about this while pregnant, I’ve never had a weight problem. I don’t even have an appetite now because of what she said. I just want him to be healthy and I don’t want to have to stress about this.

Old 03-23-18, 02:18 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 33.33%

First off, I congratulate you on your first pregnanncy.I know first time is always hard because everything is quite new. About the weight, it depends on your height. Doctors say to gain only 11-16 KG until labor, so if your over you ideal weight then honey, you must work on to manage the weight. I suggest you to go to a nutritionist, who would advise you to a healthy dies plan according to your BMI. There is nothing to be ashamed of; the weight gain is obvious during pregnancy. Also during this time, you are eating for two. I mean the hunger is doubled. However, it is also advised that the you must not gain too much weight in order to avoid complications at the end of the pregnancy. Moreover, the weight gain will make you lethargic. The more you are active during this time, the more are the chances of a stable labor. Therefore, yeah, you have to work on to lose some weight. Eat protein, and go for organic food. Avoid packaged and deli food. Moreover, you must avoid the uncooked food or under cooked meat. You can take good fats from nuts and seeds. Avoid sugar as much as you can, because it contributes to weight gain.
I know how you feel being overweight as the doctor said. However, trust me; it is not good at all (a friendly advice). Just eat healthy, avoid fat and sugar. It will be favorable to see a nutritionist for better advice and plan. Do not stress its toxic for you and the baby. Much love!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools