Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Back from the OB

Reply Post New Topic

• LAB LAB's Avatar 07-23-08 | 10:32 PM
  • I went in for my annual today. Very fast and totally painless! Usually a PAP hurts, but this one didn't. She said that I didn't have any ovarian cysts or anything wrong

Both my mother and grandmother had large non cancerous growths by my age, so not having that problem thrills me!

I asked her about the bleeding and she said that everything was totally normal! She said it was because of the quick withdrawal of the hormones in the IUD and it was resetting my system. I asked her how long I would experience bleeding like this and she said 2 months! In drilling her farther she said that it was usually less then 2 months, but she doesn't want to promise 2 weeks and then it be 2 months and have women upset. So I'll continue to wear my Diva cup for the next few weeks! Luckily the bleeding did stop an hr before I left to my appt so I was able to take out a cleaner cup, wash it and put it in my pocket for the exam. I love that thing! I can't imagine going through all this without it!

They took my iron levels when they took the IUD out and my iron level has dropped quite a bit from all the bleeding! It was on the high end of normal before, so now its lower, but still in the normal range. I'm just glad I'm not anemic from all of this! I asked them to test me again so I'd know if I was okay. I've been really tired lately!

So my body is just really screwed up and I have no idea what cd I'm on! I'm going to ficus on cm and cervical position I guess, but with this every other day bleeding I've had no fertility signs at all so far!

Laura

• Oreo Oreo's Avatar 07-23-08 | 10:59 PM
  • Sure hope the bleeding is closer to the two weeks and not months so you can get going on making baby dreams into reality!

Are you going to take any iron supplements or just up it in your diet?
  • LAB LAB's Avatar 07-23-08 | 11:39 PM
  • Sorry if that wasn't clear. My iron is still normal, just on the lower side of normal. The day my IUD was removed it was slightly higher then normal. Like if the normal high was 12, mine was 12.1. I've always had slightly higher then normal iron levels whenever I've been checked during pg or for my annuals. I've been taking prenatals since the IUD was removed which probably helped! I've been bleeding so much that I asked them to retest me to make sure things were ok! I'll drink some juice with the steak we just bought to BBQ and I'm sure I'll be fine. Vitamin C helps with iron absorption!

Laura

• Oreo Oreo's Avatar 07-24-08 | 08:21 AM

•  
    Glad to know you don't need more than that! Those iron pills really slow down the digestion and that's no fun...