Baby Corner

Old 09-25-09, 05:20 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Bicornuate Uterus

Just found out his week that I have a bicornuate uterus (heart shaped uterus) and have been searching the net for info. Found lots of neg. (miscarriage, defects, premature labor etc) Does anyone have any positive info to share?

Old 09-25-09, 07:30 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%

No experience about that condition but I hope you find out its not as negitive as you think. Sometimes we can get TOO much info off the internet.

Old 09-25-09, 07:49 PM
is having another baby! Holy cow!!
Community Member

Thanked 196 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I have this condition. The doctor told me it's what caused my DD to stay breech. I think it varies in severity.

Try not to stress out too much, if you're TTC the stress won't help.

Old 10-06-09, 03:05 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%
Default bicornuate uterus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTRR

Just found out his week that I have a bicornuate uterus (heart shaped uterus) and have been searching the net for info. Found lots of neg. (miscarriage, defects, premature labor etc) Does anyone have any positive info to share?

Even I have a bicornuate uterus. I am 7 weeks pregnant and I had spotting for 2 weeks which was the reason that my doc did 2 ultrasounds. Second time they told me that I have a bicornuate uterus and that could be the reason for spotting. My doc did not scare me she said that it just means that baby could be premature or could be breech so we might end up doing a c section. But yeah even I read bad things on internet. I don't know what to think now. Any experiences that you all could share would be great

Old 11-06-09, 07:23 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Krishna83...
I guess we need to stop relaying on the net for info...hard to do. I have yet to become pregant, we have been trying for 19mths. So I'm very glad to read that you had success...had you been trying for long? I did speak to the dr and she said that when I do become preg. the hope is that the baby will be able to push the wall out of the way (depending on thickness and length of septum) and have plenty of space otherwise the baby will grow in one half but again there is plenty of room. And if the baby does happen to be premature, the medical care now a days is amazing!! If you have any info to share please do...my fingers are crossed for you..good luck!

Latest Articles
Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

Baby Names for Spring Babies
If you are looking for a unique baby name for your Spring baby, look no further. Check out these names for your Spring baby boy or girl.

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date
New guidelines for a more accurate estimation of conception date and due date have been introduced by the American College of Gynecologists and Obstetricians and the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine.

May 2016 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Banyan 6 weeks" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Laceyrellaford!

Calculators & Tools