Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

cervical fluid and timing

Reply Post New Topic

• ttteena 08-15-07 | 09:01 AM
  • Hello! I am new here. We have been trying for about 4 months now... I was wondering.... I have read from multiple sources that ovulation takes place around day 14. This month I had alot of Egg white CM on DAy 9 and some again on DAy 10 and for some reason I beleive I ovulated on Day 11. IS it possible to ovulate so early - my cycle is averaging at around 28 days.

Also , being that is the case - when was the most ideal time to Bd?
    (I hope I am using the right acrynoms!)
  • rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 08-15-07 | 10:40 AM
  • It is definitely possible to O that early. The only way to tell for sure is to temp regularly and look for the temperature shift afterward. You should bd at least every other day during the time you have fertile quality CF (eggwhite if you get it, creamy if not).
  • :domesticgoddess: :domesticgoddess:'s Avatar 08-15-07 | 01:27 PM
  • It's definitely possible to ovulate that early. When you have lots of that egg white cervical mucous, you are fertile for sure! Don't bd too often - I agree with every other day - that keeps the sperm count good and high.

• Oreo Oreo's Avatar 08-15-07 | 03:40 PM
  • Personally, with no scientific data to support my opinion, I'm an everyday kinda girl when it comes to the bd!!

It just makes me a little more positive and less crazy during the TWW knowing I gave every opportunity for the spermies to find the egg and connect. I've read that if a man's sperm count is good, the every day BD isn't a problem, so that 's the way we go!

Hope to see you on a due date board soon!
  • baby hungry 08-20-07 | 01:09 AM
  • Yes... very possible to ovulate early.

Make sure your also watching other signs as well, temps, cervical position, twinges. Also you might want to try using opk's to help get the time exactly right.

Just remember you have a better chance of getting pregnant if you bd before ovulation. So every other day during ovulation time should be perfect.