Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive >
A couple questions (and possible TMI!)

A couple questions (and possible TMI!)

Reply Post New Topic

• Tracey and Neil Tracey and Neil's Avatar 10-23-08 | 09:32 AM
  • Quote de koala_kaper
    Dh can't stand condoms. He says it doesn't feel as good and he doesn't wanna spend the money if we don't have to...
    Men!! They want their cake and eat it! They wanna have sex without condoms, but don't wanna have more kids

Leaving it all down to the woman to sort out! Typical!!! It just makes me cross that men have one easy, cheap, option for reliable temporary contraception, and lots of men come up with lame excuses as to why they can't do it.

Anyway! Sorry! I'll get off my soap-box now, and calm down! Hmmm, having given it some thought I wondered if you'd considered the cap or the diaphragm?? If used correctly, with spermicide, diaphragms and caps are estimated to be 92-96% effective.

Just a thought, and sorry about the verbal outburst

Thank you Tracey and Neil!
koala_kaper (10-23-08)
  • hopetobemomofthree hopetobemomofthree's Avatar 10-23-08 | 11:25 AM
  • Quote de Tracey and Neil
    Men!! They want their cake and eat it! They wanna have sex without condoms, but don't wanna have more kids

Leaving it all down to the woman to sort out! Typical!!! It just makes me cross that men have one easy, cheap, option for reliable temporary contraception, and lots of men come up with lame excuses as to why they can't do it.

Anyway! Sorry! I'll get off my soap-box now, and calm down! Hmmm, having given it some thought I wondered if you'd considered the cap or the diaphragm?? If used correctly, with spermicide, diaphragms and caps are estimated to be 92-96% effective.

Just a thought, and sorry about the verbal outburst

I agree with you, but to each its own! Dh used condoms before we began ttc--and I wouldn't have it any other way. We deal with enough (AF) that they can take care of their business.
  • koala_kaper koala_kaper's Avatar 10-23-08 | 03:00 PM
  • Oh, I agree! Condoms wouldn't be such a big deal for me at all, but he doesn't like them

I'll have to talk to dh about diaphragms and caps and see what he says. I never really thought about something like that! Thanks!
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 10-23-08 | 03:27 PM

•  
    If temping isn't an option, I'd keep working on checking your CP. I actually stopped charting and we conceived several times just based on my CP. It takes a while to get the hang of it. I would say that it took me a good 3-4 full months to really be able to tell a difference in position/opening/texture/etc. And you can also tell CM easier this way, too.

Have you checked out Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler? It's really the manual for learning to chart your CM/CP.

There are two ways to tell the difference between EWCM and semen.

1. If you can collect enough, put it in water and if it balls up and falls to the bottom it is CM; if it dissolves it is semen. You can also tell by looking into the toilet before you wipe.

2. Rub it between your forefinger and thumb and then try to stretch it apart. Semen and arousal fluid will dry up very quickly and CM takes a little longer.

I agree with Tracey--if you can't check your CP/CM or temp, NFP really isn't an effective method for you. Looking into a diaphram might be a good route for you.

with whatever you decide.
Thank you Dopey406!
koala_kaper (10-23-08)
  • 3Princes 10-23-08 | 08:45 PM
  • I have a catholic friend who did nfp for awhile. Then she started just using the clearplan fertility monitor (the expensive one) and not dtd on her fertile days.
Thank you 3Princes!
koala_kaper (10-23-08)

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work