Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Dante's Home!

Reply Post New Topic

• Sonji Sonji's Avatar 09-06-04 | 12:09 PM
  • First of all, thank you to everyone who kept Dante in your thoughts and prayers. Dante is home now. The surgeon called this morning and said that he was doing so well that he could come home a full day early. When we got there to pick him up he was excited to see us but still crying from the pain. His pain meds have kicked in now and he's just really sleepy. What really upset me was that the vet estimated the bill at $1400 but assured us that it wouldn't go over $1100. We had to leave a $1000 deposit and when we go there today they said that it would be another $985! Needless to say we had to dispute it. Since it's a holiday none of the managers were there and the doctor who gave us the estimate wasn't there either. They agreed to let us just leave an additional $100 (based on our original estimate) and that we could talk to the managers and doctors tomorrow. If it ain't one thing it's another. The bottom line is that our furry baby is home and well. I think the house looks different to him since he's only looking with one eye (he was walking around like he's never been here before). But I'm sure that once all of his healing is done and he's used to having just the one eye he'll be fine. Thanx for reading all of this.

Sonji
  • Bethann73 Bethann73's Avatar 09-07-04 | 09:20 AM

•  
    Glad to hear Dante is doing well. I hope he is in tip top shape very soon!!

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work