Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Donor insemination newbie

Reply Post New Topic

• shan31 06-12-10 | 09:21 AM
  • Hi Everyone. My name is Shannon, I'm 31 years old. My husband and I have been together for 7 years and have yet to get pregnant. Severe male factor. ( not sure of all the abbreviations, LOL) All my tests have checked out great. I was pregnant once about 9 years ago with my ex.. Blighted ovum.. anyway I started my period May 19th, 2010. My cycle is usually 26 days to 31 days, but on average around 27/28. I took an OPK test on Tuesday June 1st, only a light line (around 5:30pm) . I tested the next morning June 2nd at 9:00am and had positive surge. called my doctor and made my appointment for my IUI the next day at 2:15pm. Thursday June 3rd 2010, went in and had my IUI with donor sperm..... Now just waiting... which seems like forever!!!!! I have been a little cramp the last 2 days, but I usally get like that before AF. Hopefully she will stay away! Our insurance does not cover IUI's or really any fertility procedures, so everything is out of pocket... Any encouraging stories out there about IUI's with donor sperm on the first couple of trys?? Also, I am not on any meds or hcg shot. If I don't get pregnant this try, I may ask doctor for clomid and shot..... Any advice would be great.. Good luck to everyone!
  • 3Princes 06-12-10 | 01:43 PM
  • Welcome!

I had 3 pregnancies as a result of IUI. No donor sperm though.
    Good luck!
  • shan31 06-12-10 | 03:58 PM
  • Thank you 3Princes! This 2 week wait is dragging... How many iui's did you have before the 1st successful one?

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work