Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive >
Feels like a bad dream that I can't wake up from!

Feels like a bad dream that I can't wake up from!

Reply Post New Topic

• countrycutieluv countrycutieluv's Avatar 06-09-10 | 09:02 PM
  • So I had my follow up with the RE today. I got my results on my egg test (inhibin) and my biopsy. I have to say that I was expecting some not so good news...but I was nowhere prepaired for this.

It took the RE a good 5 min's to beat around the bush. He double and tripple checked my dates on my period for my biopsy and tripple checked my start day on my last period for my cd3 blood test.I knew it couldn't be good.

So my egg test (inhibin) was a 14

anything below 16 is menopausal. I just about

myself.My biopsy showed that on day 24 of my cycle 10dpo my linning was cd18 !
    Then he said if my retake of my egg test (when my period starts again) comes back bad again that I should think about IVF with an egg donor or adoption. He said my egg numbers represent a 50 year old women and that with that bad of results there is nothing he can do.

I'm still in shock...I just hope that my egg test was a fluke but I have a sneaking hunch it isn't.
    I just wish I would have known this before and didn't have to go through everything to find this out.
    He said that he wanted to see something abnormal so he could fix it and have an answer for me but this wasn't what he wanted to see.

So that is my update...

On a high note...Dh went and talked to the guys about his new job. He is going to start Oct 1 and they will be moving us to N.Dakota in April.

I really just want to crawl in a hole and die right now....gosh I was so hoping for something to go right!
Thank you Dopey406!
countrycutieluv (06-09-10)
  • 3Princes 06-09-10 | 09:50 PM

•  

So are you going to retake the egg test?
    Did he say that this could explain the repeated miscarriages?
    I hope that you can come to a decision that brings you peace.
    I'm sorry.
Thank you 3Princes!
  • countrycutieluv countrycutieluv's Avatar 06-09-10 | 10:01 PM
  • I'm sorry.... Yes were going to retake the egg test on cd 3 and see where that takes us. He said that it would explain the LPD and the repeated miscarriages...for sure. He said,"i wanted answers for you but not this"
    Thank you ladies! I'm still trying to wrap my head around it and hoping for better news but not getting my hopes up KWIM?
  • wendysue611 wendysue611's Avatar 06-09-10 | 10:27 PM
  • Oh Carrie...big hugs your way!
Thank you wendysue611!

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work