Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Green Tea & TTC

Reply Post New Topic

• the_littleminx the_littleminx's Avatar 10-18-06 | 12:08 AM
  • Just read an article about green tea and ttc tonight in November's Parenting magazine. Apparently something in the green tea is actually bad for you if you are ttc because it "decreases the effectiveness of folic acid, which is vital for preventing neural tube defects in the first month after conception". The article said once you have conceived and are out of your first trimester you can once again succomb the delicious taste of 1 cup a day of green tea, but to stay clear of it before hand.
  • Janine Janine's Avatar 10-18-06 | 09:43 AM
  • The best way to do green tea when TTC is to drink it right up to O. It does really improve the cervical mucas. After O I usually either take an extra folic acid pill in addition to my regular prental, or I try to leave about 12 hours between taking prenatal and drinking the tea.
  • harmonyt harmonyt's Avatar 10-20-06 | 12:51 PM
  • I've heard that as well. I think I read the same article too.
  • tulip12 10-20-06 | 04:46 PM
  • What kind of green tea do you recommend to increase cm? any specific brand? thanx.
  • Janine Janine's Avatar 10-22-06 | 09:02 PM
  • tulip..I just use the Lipton citrus green tea that comes in the bottles. I have seen a tremendous increase in cervical mucus since I started drinking it! I've read articles like the one Rebekah linked too...but I have also read many others that say green tea is good to drink while TTC...I think it is like anything "all things in moderation".

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work