Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

OK, I need your help...

Reply Post New Topic

• Tracey and Neil Tracey and Neil's Avatar 11-03-06 | 08:53 PM
  • ... I'm planning a Thanksgiving taster for the people that I work with (they have disabilities).

I'm not gonna do the whole blown meal, cos there's too many of them, and cooking Thanksgiving dinner for 50 people is a little too much, but if you could serve just 3 things to give British people a taster of Thanksgiving then what would you serve them?

Also how would you decorate the place (on a budget, with things being made rather than bought if poss)? Bear in mind that we have no Thanksgiving things in the shops at all.
  • BnBMommy BnBMommy's Avatar 11-03-06 | 08:55 PM
  • Definetely stuffing..

I have a great recipe, let me find it

• BnBMommy BnBMommy's Avatar 11-03-06 | 08:56 PM
  • CROCK POT DRESSING
    (you can stuff a chicken or turkey; or tinfoil in the oven too, and it still tastes great!)
    Cook for 4-8 hours on low, or 45 min.on high in crock pot and about an hour in tinfoil in the oven.
    1 cup margarine
    2 cups chopped onions
    2 cups chopped celery
    Saute the above until done then add:
    1/4 cup fresh parsley (or cheat and use dried parsley)
    2 cans drained mushroom slices or pieces
    2 cups or more of dried bread crumbs (1 bag approx.)
    1 1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp. pepper
    2 or 3 cups of chicken broth(canned) or enough to moisten
    2 beaten eggs
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 11-03-06 | 08:57 PM

•  

I would buy some gords and decorative corn - maybe some of that fake fruit and fake breads.. and make a cornucopia and do that for the decorations...

for the food:
    mashed sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top.
    turkey (of course)
    and ambrosia salad
  • BnBMommy BnBMommy's Avatar 11-03-06 | 08:59 PM
  • I doubled it when I did it, but the crockpot was nearly over flowing, so I wouldn't recommend it, but the doubled batch fed about 25 people last year