Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive >
? Problem that no one else seems to have

? Problem that no one else seems to have

Reply Post New Topic

• AnchorsAway 02-16-08 | 01:20 PM
  • [SIZE="2"]Hello all!. I am 29, married, and have finally gotten my career settled to where I can try for #1. I've skipped periods for the past 7 years (Depo and Nuvaring) and went off the Nuvaring 5 months ago. Since then, I've been having bouts of spotting/bleeding every couple of weeks. I don't know which is a period and which is spotting and/or if I'm O-ing.

I can't take my temp b/c of my work schedule. I swing shifts- Monday/ Tuesday I make wake up at 5 am and Wed/Thurs I might work 3rd and wake up at 4 pm... it changes daily.

I've just started using the cbefm, but I think I might've chosen the wrong "bought" of bleeding as my period. The pain I feel when I get a period is a dull ache in my lower abdomen during the start and finish. I have had that dull ache constantly during all my spotting/bleeding boughts.

I've been on message board after message board and can't seem to find anyone with a similar problem. I have an OB appt in a couple of days... but I'd LOVE any advice that can be offered
    !
    [/SIZE]
  • LeAnnimal LeAnnimal's Avatar 02-16-08 | 03:13 PM
  • have you tried ovulation tests? if you're not sure about which is which, the o tests should help with that. you can buy them online or at the store and basically you use them daily through the time that you think you might ovulate. I your case, I'd use them more often then that to see if you're even o'ing yet. that's just my initial thought...
  • koala_kaper koala_kaper's Avatar 02-16-08 | 04:04 PM
  • Just a little tid-bit of infor for you... After I went off the Depo shots (I think I had 3 of them), I went on bcp's for I think 3 months then went completely off birth control. It took us 7 cycles to concieve our daughter after that. (I think the Depo info I got said it could take up to a year to concieve, i have no idea about the Nuva ring though) But I had the same problem with my bleeding, more so while I was on the Depo (which is why I switched to the pill), but even for a few cycles after as well.

SO, it could take a little bit yet, but I agree with LeAnnimal about using ovulation prediction tests! Definately good advice

Good luck!
  • Tracey and Neil Tracey and Neil's Avatar 02-24-08 | 01:49 PM
  • The hormones can stay in your system for a while when you come off hormonal contraception, it's normal for things to take a little while to settle. Your OB can run some tests to help explain things.

What were your periods like before you used hormonal contraception?