Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

is it true?

Reply Post New Topic

• neens 01-12-05 | 09:41 AM
  • that morning sickness usually doesn't start until 4-6 weeks? I'm wondering whether I should postpone ttc for another month b/c we are going away in Feb and I don't want to be sick during the trip. It will be the last time we feel we can make a long trip for the next few years b/c we don't want to take 2 little children on a plane together!

What has been your past experience with MS...when did it start? Last time it started at 6 weeks, a few days into my vacation! I had it really bad, I lost almost 10 pounds and I couldn't eat a proper meal for weeks.
  • Bethann73 Bethann73's Avatar 01-12-05 | 11:38 AM
  • I have always heard that the *normal* start time is around 6-8 weeks.... could start earlier and could start later..

Good Luck !!
  • cat cat's Avatar 01-12-05 | 02:23 PM
  • There was someone on this board who said they had ms starting at 10dpo... that is pretty unusual though. GL, hope you will make a decision you can both be happy with!
  • ChandyRae ChandyRae's Avatar 01-12-05 | 06:19 PM
  • Mine actually started before AF was even due - I think at 12 dpo. As she said, though, that's pretty rare. You're better off going when you planned than waiting a month, as the m/s probably won't go away by then anyway.
  • AMomInLove AMomInLove's Avatar 01-12-05 | 08:28 PM
  • You can start feeling "ill" as soon as the HCG builds up in your system very shortly after conception..most of us are not that sensitive though and feel more tenderness in the breasts and tiredness as beginning symptoms...I have ALOT of sickness all thorugh being pg sadly and ended up on meds to keep food in me...did not start till after 6+ weeks though and simply got worse and worse...

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work