Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Update (pg mentioned)

Reply Post New Topic

• MBMBERG MBMBERG's Avatar 04-06-06 | 09:17 AM
  • I'm a little nervous announcing this because it becomes "real". I'm pregnant! It was a total surprise for us because after 5 1/2 years, we sort of gave up on becoming parents. We conceived "naturally". As you can imagine, I am extremely scared. I just assumed I was late because of cysts. I took a HPT Sunday morning and when it came up + I told DH that there was no way this was right, something had to be wrong with the test and we had to go and buy another brand. I took the 2nd one Monday morning and it immediately came up + again. I called my RE's office Monday morning and they advised me to come in immediately since I had already had 1 m/c and 5 1/2 years of infertility. My HCG level was 3,046 and progesterone was 15. They wanted to do an u/s on Wednesday because they thought the HCG was a little high for the date of my last period. I'm only 5 weeks, so all we could see was the gestational sac and it is in the uterus so that was all positive news. Still too early to see/hear a heartbeat. We have to have another u/s on Wednesday, April 19.

I think I'm still in shock and/or denial.

Last edited by MBMBERG; 04-06-06 at 11:43 AM..
  • Bethann73 Bethann73's Avatar 04-06-06 | 09:25 AM

•  
    Congratulations !!! I wish you a happy and healthy nine months !!

• mac71 mac71's Avatar 04-06-06 | 09:51 AM

•  

Holy Moly Mandi - CONGRATULATIONS.....this is unbelievable news. I am truly delighted for you and wish you the easiest pregancy and birth. You give me hope...

• AmyM AmyM's Avatar 04-06-06 | 10:48 AM
  • Congratulations!! I am so incredibly happy for you.

• baby hungry 04-06-06 | 11:31 AM

•  
    Mandi.. I am beyond excited for your fantastic news. Congratulations doesn't even seem like enough. Mircales do happen!! I will miss you so much, but I am so glad you finally get to move past this and become a Mom! I am so over joyed for you.

Congratulations again.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work