Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

VENT

Reply Post New Topic

• cat cat's Avatar 10-04-04 | 07:55 PM
  • That's a good idea, Chandra... LeAnne, what a total jerk that guy is! I would just outright ask him to do stuff. Especially the little, polite, cleaning up after yourself stuff like poop scooping or putting dishes in the washer. I mean, perhaps he sees himself as more of a guest than a roommate... but even so, a guest with any manners at all would clean up after his own dogs and his own meals!!

I think you or DH need to make it clear to him that you consider he should do housework in lieu of rent. If he's such a slob or a chauvinist that he lets you do all the work, you guys should sit down and make it a contract with him. No cleany, no roomy!
  • bjlmom bjlmom's Avatar 10-04-04 | 08:26 PM
  • I think cat hit it right on the nail. He is taking advantage of you guys and your generousity.
  • LeAnnimal LeAnnimal's Avatar 10-04-04 | 09:03 PM
  • Well, this is the last roomie we will have for sure. Thanks for letting me vent. He is a little better since the converstaion with dh, for example tonight, he ate on paper plates.

come on november.
  • Tracey and Neil Tracey and Neil's Avatar 10-05-04 | 06:45 PM

•  
    Hi Sandy!

Well I think it's time for 'No-More-Mrs-Nice-Lady'!!!! You've put up with him being a jerk long enough! You need to remind him that if he's living in your house for free then there are some expectations of him.

1) Cleaning up after himself
    2) Cleaning up after his dogs
    3) Helping out round the house
    4) etc etc

If someone doesn't know what you expect of them (even if it's things that you and I take for granted) then it's kinda difficult to expect them to toe the line.

Go on Sandy - let rip on him and blame it on hormones!!!