Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Why can't I

Reply Post New Topic

• BeccAnne BeccAnne's Avatar 09-06-08 | 10:56 AM
  • Yeah, I haven't been trying very long either but I feel the same way! When baby fever hits, it really hits. It doesn't help either if you've been wanting a baby since forever--even if you've only been really trying for a little while.

I have a friend that's due in October--if she makes it that long, she's already at 1cm. I'm excited for her but jealous as heck too!
  • Tracey and Neil Tracey and Neil's Avatar 09-07-08 | 04:22 PM
  • I posted this on another similar post, but I wanted to say that the only thing that I found to keep me sane all these years, is to think that perhaps that woman might have had to go through the same struggle that Neil and I have been experiencing.

I still look and feel sad it's not me, but then I think to myself "that might have been her 4th IVF cycle", or "that might be baby #6 for her, she might have had recurrent miscarriages". It really does help, because you never know, she just might have been through hell to get that bump.

• Mark'sbabygirl Mark'sbabygirl's Avatar 09-08-08 | 11:53 AM
  • Funny that you say that as yesterday I was at a baby shower for a friend and of course it was jealous, and hard to buy stuff for YET ANOTHER baby that's not mine, but it took her 7 months of IUI's to get preggers! And, I am VERY happy for her- even though of course I wish it was me- and we haven't even been trying that long!
  • Payday1989 09-08-08 | 04:32 PM
  • Thanks everyone! I know I haven't been trying that long, but it just seems like it's taking forever! I know it will happen sometime and I will just have to be patient!
  • wendysue611 wendysue611's Avatar 09-08-08 | 06:18 PM
  • I am in the same boat as you! My husband and I haven't been trying for very long, but seems like forever. I was just a baby shower for my friend (who should not be pregnant) and it was hard to pretend to be happy. It should have been called "bring a baby shower" because I swear every person who walked in the door had a baby with them! Aaaah! I hope everything works out for you soon. Maybe we'll "graduate" together! :-)

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!