Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Question Hello! New Member

Name: Lauren
TTC what #: 1
DH/SO/DP: Jimmy
Any meds/procedures: None
How many months have you been ttc: I month
Anything else we should know about you: I have 6 wonderful neices and nephews.

I have a few questions, as I am new to this. I have been taking daily ovulation tests, but have been active with trying to conceive,

I am definately past what I think would be my ovulation period and the tests have not shown that I am. I also feel like I could be PG, but may just be wishfully thinking. Am I correct in thinking that if I am pregnant the daily ovulation tests are pointless? My other question is that I still have 9 days before I am do for my period, but feel like I may be PG. Is that just in my head or can I already be feeling symptoms?

Old 11-22-09, 06:11 PM
Community Member

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Actuallly, if you are pregnant, the ovulation test will show positive (as though you are ovulating) because the HCG (pregnancy) hormone is very similar to the LH that the ovulation kit tests for. So if the test is still showing negative, then you either haven't ovulated yet, or the test is problematic. I hope that helps.

Old 12-01-09, 07:47 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Name; Jo
DH: Ted
TTC#1 (not counting three years ago for my ds)
Chlomid and trigger shot
First time trying on IUI
Just had horrible experience with a failed adoption. Need to get a sibling for son ASAP!

Old 12-03-09, 11:34 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Day 7, going crazy! Plus the progesteone pills knocks me on my butt! I take it and am out!

Old 12-24-09, 08:49 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Name: Misty
TTC what #:3
DH/SO/DP

eitrick
Any meds/procedures:3rd round clomid (2@50mg& 1@100mgs).
How many months have you been ttc:since 2/07 after a tubual reversal,
Anything else we should know about you: Courtney13 and lil Deit 10 One Angel baby April 08
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools